Mystery Block of the Month – A Joint Venture between Sew Happy Workshops & Fabric Corner
We have had a fabulous uptake for our Mystery Block of the Month.
If you have completed your first block and are looking forward to sewing Block 2 then you can now enrol on the Fabric Corner Website.
If you would like to start the Mystery Block of the Month with Block 2 and receive Block 1 as well (so you can catch up) then the link is there as well. We will happily send Block 1 and Block 2 together.
We have had some fabulous feedback:
‘All finished. Can’t wait until March. I’ve never done anything like this before.’
‘Really enjoyed making my block…tried to be more mindful and less rushed.
Thank you, Kay and Louise for such a cute pattern, great instructions and beautiful quality fabrics.’ ‘You guys are an inspiration. So nice to be sewing with you all.’
Do you want to make a fabulous Quilt from Monthly Mystery Blocks?
Do you want to receive a surprise bundle of 100% cotton fabric and haberdashery through your letter box every month?
Do you want to learn lots of new skills and techniques including ‘Quilt As You Go’ (QAYG)?
Do you have a rotary cutter, cutting board and ruler? Don’t worry if you don’t have…you will be able to buy what you need at Fabric Corner.
We will provide you with a YouTube video of advice and tips for using a rotary cutter in Month 1. Further advice videos follow on.
If this sounds like something that would interest you, then our Mystery Block is definitely for you!
Each month you will be forwarded:
• A ‘Block of the Month’ pattern and step by step instructions written by Louise from Sew Happy Workshops.
• Fabric to complete the block.
• A 15”square of 80/20 Quilter’s Wadding.
• Backing Fabric.
• From this month you will also receive coordinating fabric for the sashing.
• A long quarter of coordinating fabric for the border. • Coordinating thread.
• You will be able to join a WhatsApp Group to share hints and tips…enthusiasm and encouragement. NB: All fabrics provided are 100% cotton. Kay and Louise have had such fun creating the blocks and choosing the fabric! This is really going to be a gorgeous quilt! YouTube videos will be supplied to support your learning:
1. Using a rotary cutter (Released with Block 1).
2. Understanding and using the ‘Quilt As You Go’ technique (QAYG) (Released with Block 2).
3. Pinning and pressing to get the perfect joins.
4. Making half and quarter square triangles.
5. Making and attaching binding.
The cost of this class is £25 per month. Your Mystery Block of the Month boxes will be sent out on 1st of the month